Spring has sprung all up in my style taste buds for sure because I’m all about floral prints. Please bear with me as I go through this phase. I wanted to make something for spring that was versatile, that can be worn in many different ways and so I decided to make a blazer and short set. For example, I total plan on wearing this as a set, or just wearing the blazer with some jeans, or wearing the blazer to work with some dress slacks, or just wearing the shorts with a crop top or t-shirt! The options are endless!
For the blazer I used the same pattern that I used here but made the following alterations:
- Shorten the sleeves to have 3/4 length and added faux leather cuffs
- Switched the look of the collar, adding 2″ to the width of the two front pieces
- Added a faux leather trim to neckline
- Added a lining the the inside of the jacket
- Added a zipper
To make the shorts I:
- Used a pair of shorts that I already had as a pattern
- Added a high waist band
- I also added the faux leather strips to the side for a tuxedo look to them
- Zipper in the back.
Wearing: Blazer and Shorts - DIY
Top: Tribal Crop Top – Urban Outfitters
Tote Purse: Betsey Johnson
Jewelry: Vida V. Jewelry
Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think.
Also, stay tune for my Spring LookBook featuring this outfit and a few more pieces I’m working on.